Chicago Mk1 - Limited Edition (only 30 made and sold through KICKSTARTER).
Deep Lounge sinewaves, classic House bass, through to dirty Techno riffs.
The Chicago Boutique RIFF & BASS Analogue Synthesizer is designed with basic or limited features, yet a useful sound portfolio, made possible by the four variable phase and width pulse oscillators, in addition to the Sub, Square and Saw oscillators, all shaped by a wide bandwidth 4 pole Sallen & Key low-pass analogue filter.
Desk-top or 19" (3U) rack-mount. 40 mm depth.
The Limited Edition Chicago Boutique Monophonic RIFF & BASS Analogue Synthesizer began with a new approach to the filter and oscillator design, resulting in sounds that work perfectly 'in the mix', with deep solid lows and rich percussive highs (when you need it). Pulse nuance controls allows you to get the sound just right through very subtle harmonic variations.
- 5 Oscillators:
- 4 x independent Pulse waves with variable phase (automatic or manual) and pulse-width control.
- 1 x Square or Saw and Sub oscillator - all with accurate stable tuning (at any temperature). The Saw oscillator circuit uses discrete components for a perfect and pure Saw waveform.
- Analogue signal path from the oscillators to the output.
- 6 Chanel mixer with 2 x pulse inverting controls.
- Voltage/digital controlled ADSR amplifier.
- Sallen & Key 24dB/Octave Low pass filter with variable Q control.
- Voltage/digital controlled APDS filter envelope with selectable decay character. (Attack, Peak, Decay and Sustain).
- 'Drop to Sine' filter switch.
- Control: MIDI IN and MIDI THRU (5-pin DIN). MIDI Channel selection 1 to 16.
- Tune (positive) to 60 cents, Major 3rd, Perfect 4th or Perfect 5th.
- Keyboard mode - filter trigger on every note or no filter trigger on overlapped notes (emulates classic analogue mono-synths).
- 1 Watt power consumption.
- 9 VDC Supply (power supply not included - see manual). Any polarity. Connector Size 2.1mm x 5.5 mm barrel plug. Typical model for universal use: Farnell/Element 14 Part Number: 2524429
- 19" (483 mm) x 3U (132 mm) x 40 mm depth.
- Metal construction.
- 6 mm mono audio out jack.
- Made in the UK.